Holiday Tastemaker: Darby Fallon Clark
We are wrapping up our Holiday Tastemaker Series with Darby Fallon Clark a lifestyle blogger from Atlanta, Georgia. We enjoy following her and her precious family to get a glimpse into her classic world of hosting parties and entertaining friends. As a fellow southerner who loves monograms and champagne, let's check out some of her holiday traditions and Fig & Dove favorites.
As a Fig & Dove Tastemaker what are five of your favorite Fig & Dove items, as well as a short explanation on how you would style them.
1. Acrylic Stocking Holders - I find these to be extremely chic. I also love that they are minimal and don’t compete with whatever else you have on your mantle.
2. Alpaca Christmas Stocking - add a monogram and you’re all set. Very timeless... and soft! Matching tee skirt is incredible too!
3. Acrylic Stackable candle holders - These can be used all year long and the string opportunities are endless. Add a colorful taper candle and voila!
4. Designer Flocked Christmas Tree - We always have one real and one faux tree for Christmas. I find the flocked faux trees stunning! They are magical, sophisticated, and fairytale-like.
5. Nube Melamine Ice Bucket - To keep the bubbly nice and chilled. Cheers!
What is your favorite entertaining secret, trick or specialty during the holiday season?
As a hostess, you set the tone for your party. If you are relaxed, your guests will be relaxed. I try to do all the prep ahead of time, so that when my guests arrive, I can enjoy myself.
What is your go-to hostess gift?
My go-to hostess gift is a fresh floral arrangement made with love, and typically a bottle of champagne if we are celebrating. I tend to tie an ornament with pretty ribbon onto a bottle during the holiday season.
What is a recipe your family and friends look most forward to each holiday season?
Do cocktail recipes count? We LOVE extravagant boozy hot coco and peppermint hummers in our house. Cheers!
What is the one tradition you and your family talk about the most?
The day after Thanksgiving, we always go pick our Christmas tree as a family. It’s a fun way to kick off the Christmas season and get everyone excited.
What brings you the most joy during the Christmas season?
Giving to others is a love language of mine. Whether it’s going to Target and buying toys for children less fortunate around the holidays - or gifting something special to a family member, I feel joy. I enjoy shopping for others and being intentional with gifts.