The Dove - Signature Cocktail
Earlier this fall we spent a fun afternoon with Jill Poole, also known as the Belle of the Bar. Jill is an incredible mixologist out of New Orleans, who offers her services as a barkeep and custom cocktail creator for events all over the city. She created two custom cocktails for Fig & Dove that we can't wait to share with you!
The Dove - Fig & Dove Cocktail
1 oz. cocoa infused vodka (recipe below)
2 oz. homemade eggless eggnog (recipe below)
El Guapo Chicory Pecan Bitters
Cocoa powder, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/4 full with ice
- Add 3-4 dashes of bitters, 1 oz. cocoa infused vodka, and 2 oz. eggnog
- Cover and shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and dust with cocoa powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon
Cocoa Infused Vodka
1 bottle vodka (we love St. Roch's Vodka!)
3 oz. Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Add 3 oz. cocoa powder to a mason jar, fill with vodka and shake vigorously.
- Tighten the lid on the jar and infuse in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Once infused, strain vodka into another mason jar and refrigerate.
Homemade (Eggless) Eggnog
1/2 gallon milk, soy milk, or milk substitute
1 package instant french vanilla pudding
1/3 cup sugar or honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
A few pinches each: cinnamon, nutmeg, allspire
- Mix together vanilla pudding, sugar and spices.
- Slowly add milk until the desired consistency is reached - we recommend thicker than milk but thinner than pudding.
Yields 10-12 cocktails. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.